The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship opens for applications to new international students for graduate or undergraduate degree.
East Tennessee State University determines credit awards for its courses and programs based on the professional judgement of its faculty in higher education and in alignment with its mission.
International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting documents required by the university.
Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme for any course offered by East Tennessee State University.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
- The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
- Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship.
- Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship.
- A student’s scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Deadline: Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
Preferred submission date:
- Fall semester: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester: no later than October 15th
Deadline for applications:
- Semester census date (2 weeks from the first day of classes for the term)