East Tennessee State University invites applications for the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship in the USA for the 2023/24 academic year.
Set in an outdoor-lover’s paradise, ETSU’s main campus is located in beautiful and vibrant Johnson City, Tennessee. It is a short drive to numerous thriving mountain towns including Bristol, Kingsport, and historic Jonesborough, as well as Asheville in bordering North Carolina.
And with gorgeous lakes, rivers, and hiking and biking trails nearby — including more than 100 miles of the Appalachian Trail — there is always something new to explore.
Worth of Award
Undergraduate students: Up to $12,500
Graduate students: Masters level students up to $5,000 and Doctoral students up to $9,000
Scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs. This includes
- Creative Arts,
- Honors in Discipline,
- Grad Assistantship,
- Graduate Tuition Scholarship,
- Government funding,
- Fulbright grants, etc.
Similarly, scholarship cannot be used when students are paying in-state, or Erate tuition.
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
All applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered for the scholarship:
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
- Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in their admission letter. For undergraduate students who wish to accept the scholarship, you must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form during the new student check-in process.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
- Second Bachelor’s degree applicants, if previous Bachelor’s degree was granted by ETSU.
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
- Students who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship are ongoing.