The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies invites applications for a partial scholarship for excellent candidates wishing to start the Master’s programme in Theology in the academic year of 2017-2018, starting in September 2017.
Radboud University is a Catholic University. It is the result of an emancipation process of Roman Catholics in The Netherlands in the beginning of the last century. Dutch Catholics sought to promote the emancipation of Roman Catholics in the Netherlands, who at that time were strongly underrepresented in public administration, the legal profession, medicine and other sectors.
The entry level for Master’s programmes at Western European universities (including the Dutch) is relatively high. Therefore, University needs a language document to prove their English proficiency.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme in the field of Theology.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers 850 euro a month, which covers the full living expenses (housing, transport, food, books and health insurance).
- You have to pay the tuition fees by yourself before starting with the programme.
- This is an amount of 2006 euro.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the best candidates.
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
- First and foremost, the foreign certificate on the basis of which you seek admission must be at least the equivalent of a Dutch Bachelor’s degree obtained at a university (BA or BSc).
- Furthermore, the Master’s programme you apply for should be in the same area of studies as your previous education. When you have a Bachelor’s degree from a university of professional education you are not admitted straight away.
- It is possible that you will be advised to follow a Pre-Master’s programme to improve your knowledge of the scientific field before you can gain admission to a Master’s programme.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, please upload the following documents together with your online application:
- A motivation letter
- 2 letters of recommendation
- An academic essay. The subject of the essay needs to be related to the academic discipline of theology broadly conceived (including biblical, historical, empirical, or constructive/systematic perspectives) and ought to demonstrate your analytical skills. The essay should be about 2000 (min.) and 2500 (max.) words (bibliography not included).
Deadline: The application deadline is April 1, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply