International School of Economics (ISET) at Tbilisi State University seeks applications for scholarships for international students for 2017 academic year available for pursuing master’s degree program in Economics.
Graduates receive a Master of Arts in Economics diploma from ISET, which is recognized by the World Bank as one of five “centers of excellence” in economics education and research in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University is supported by BP, CERGE-EI Foundation, Governments of Georgia and Germany, the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, OSI, Sida, USAID and the World Bank.
Scholarships are available for pursuing two-year master’s degree (MA) programme in the field of Economics.
Worth of Award
Local Students: Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 2,250 GEL. Amount you pay depands on the results of your performance at National Entrance Exams:
- If you receive 100% of the state grant (2,250 GEL), you pay 0 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 70% of the state grant (1,575 GEL), you pay 675 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 50% of the state grant (1,125 GEL), you pay 1,125 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 0% of the state grant (0 GEL), you pay 2,250 GEL in a year.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 3,000 USD
- Scholarships: ten scholarships are available for international students, covering up to 60% of tuition cost
- Stipends: outstanding students are granted monthly stipends, depending on performance
- Housing: International students will be considered for housing support in TSU dorms or ISET-rented apartments
- There are ten scholarships available for international students.
- Scholarship can be taken in Georgia
To successfully complete the program, students must:
- Pass all first year courses (a grade of D- or above).
- In the second year, students must write a Master’s Project (15 credits) and complete and pass 15 elective courses (a total of 45 credits).
- In the second year, if a student is enrolled in a concentration he/she has to satisfy all concentration requirements, as formulated by the concentration coordinator.
- Write and successfully defend their Master’s Project.
- Meet the minimum overall GPA requirement of 2.67 (B-).
Nationality: Local (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) and international students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted online as follows:
- Complete an application form.
- Upload a statement of purpose – a one or two-page essay explaining your motivation to study economics and how a master’s degree in economics is related to your career goals and intellectual interests (in PDF format).
- Upload diplomas and transcripts from previously attended educational programs (BA/MA Degrees or equivalent). If the documents are not in English, please provide translated versions. All documents should be scanned and attached in PDF format.
- Upload your GRE or GMAT scores.
Deadline: The deadline for applications for admission in the 2017-2018 academic year is April 27, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply