The University of Adelaide is inviting applications for its Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) open to students pursuing a higher degree by research (masters/ doctoral) for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety, and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures, and operational strategies.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research.
In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. Scholarships are available for pursuing a higher degree by research (Masters/ Doctoral) at the University of Adelaide to study any of the courses offered by the University.
Worth of Award
The ASI provides;
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance ($27,596 in 2019) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa.
- It does not cover the additional 6-month extended student visa period post-thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
- The scholarship does not cover student visa application fees.
In order to be eligible;
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master degree.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature is ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via online application system.
- There is no application fee. Note.
- The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a scholarship until a formal application is submitted and assessed.
- They strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
Deadline: Application closes is April 30, 2019.