The University of Adelaide is inviting applications for its Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) open to students pursuing a higher degree by research (masters/ doctoral) for the 2020/21 academic session.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety, and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures, and operational strategies.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research. In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. Scholarships are available for pursuing a higher degree by research (Masters/ Doctoral) at the University of Adelaide to study any of the courses offered by the University.
Worth of Award
The ASI provides;
- Fee waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD$28,092 (2020 rate) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
In order to be eligible;
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided) or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system.
Deadline: Application closes is July 10, 2020.