Universidad Carlos III de Madrid offers free online course on Fundamentals of Microeconomics. This economics course offers a thorough view of markets, including their strengths and failures.
In this seven-week course, applicants will learn how to analyze markets and gain a solid foundation in economic concepts. The course will start on March 7, 2017.
The course runs for 7 weeks with an effort of 2-3 hours pw, hosted by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and edx. It will be taught in English and a you can get a Verified Certificate for $50. Course Starts on March 7, 2017
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is an innovative public university committed to the improvement of society through teaching of the highest quality and cutting-edge research in line with stringent international guidelines. UC3M has three degree-granting Schools, in addition to a School of Graduate Studies and a Doctoral School.
Worth of Award
- This economics course offers a thorough view of markets, including their strengths and failures.
- You will learn how to view markets from an economist’s perspective to help you better understand the most relevant economic problems.
- This course follows a rigorous approach that combines visual arguments with realistic examples to help you connect core economic concepts with your own experience.
- Basic tools of analysis in economics
- The model of perfect competition and its elements
- Elasticity’s and their applications
- Taxes, subsidies and government intervention
- Why markets fail and what to do about it:
- Market power
- Asymmetric information
- Public goods
- Angel Hernando-Veciana: He received his PhD in the University College London in 2001. He is currently associate professor in the Department of Economics at Univ. Carlos III, where he has been the main teaching coordinator of Principles of Economics since 2004.
- Geovani Hiniesto Bazan: He is an economic graduate with ample experience in teaching economics at the high school level.
- Jose María Aguilar: He is a Law graduate holding a postgraduate degree in Economics.
- Sebastian Panthoefer: He is a PhD candidate in Economics at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid since 2011.
- Secondary school (high school) algebra
- Basic mathematics concepts
- Reading basic graphs
How to Apply
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)