The University offers Queen Margaret University Scholarships for September 2017 start courses for new international students undertaking their first year of study on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the academic year 2017-18.
Queen Margaret University is a modern university located in Musselburgh, East Lothian near Edinburgh in Scotland. It is named after Saint Margaret, wife of King Malcolm III of Scotland.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- competitive scholarships of £3,000 each for new international students.
- The scholarship is granted as a reduction of the tuition fee and is available to students who are self-funding with an international tuition fee of more than £9,000 for a single year of study only.
- Applications are accepted from students holding an offer at Queen Margaret University for a place on a postgraduate degree programme commencing in September 2016.
- Students do not have to have accepted their place at the time of application.
- Applicants must also be self-funding (i.e. not funded by a sponsor) and on a programme with an international tuition fee of more than £9000 per year.
- International students can apply for Queen Margaret University Scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply for a QMU scholarship applicant must complete the attached application form. In particular student should complete a supporting statement of between 500 and 1000 words. You should include in this statement
- Your reasons for choosing your degree programme AND how this particular course would be of benefit to you in your future career
- Information on any noteworthy academic or professional achievements to-date
- A description of the positive financial impact that the Scholarship would have on you (e.g. you may wish to provide information on your typical income and any financial commitments that you have)
- Any other matter which you may consider to be relevant to your application
No additional documentation (e.g. CV’s, reference or statements) will be considered and should not be sent. Your university application form will not be used as part of the decision making process. The statement will be assessed by a panel and applicants will be notified of a decision by within 6 weeks of the specified closing date.
Please send completed application either as an email attachment to [email protected] or print of the application form and send by post.
Deadline: The closing date for those starting a course in September 2017 is March 31, 2017.