The Ministry of Education offers Huayu Enrichment Scholarships for international students to undertake Huayu courses at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE. International students (except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students) can apply for the scholarships.
The Ministry of Education’s key role is to communicate policies and provide a platform bringing together resources: integrating and putting to use various resources from all different sectors, and presenting forward-looking extremely practical government policies that will bring about noticeable positive changes in education.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not eligible) to undertake Huayu courses in the Republic of China (Taiwan); in order to provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
Worth of Award
- Scholarships will include a monthly stipend of NT $25,000
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character are eligible.
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are ineligible to apply:
- Overseas Chinese students or nationals of the Republic of China (Taiwan) (previously/currently hold a Republic of China (Taiwan) passport).
- Currently, a registered student at a Mandarin Language Center or has been a degree-seeking student at any university or college in Taiwan.
- Previously a recipient of HES or Taiwan Scholarship Program. d. Currently an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
- Currently receiving financial benefits from Taiwan government agencies or colleges and universities in Taiwan.
- International students (except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students) can apply for the scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicants need to submit the following documents to local embassies or missions before the announced deadline.
- An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions).
- A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center.
- Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2019.