The Government of South Africa and the Hungarian Government offer 100 fully funded scholarships for South African students to study at participating public universities in Hungary.
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s, masters and PhD programme in various academic fields including natural sciences, engineering, IT, business management, agriculture, human resources and food sciences among others.
Worth of Award
The scholarship offers tuition, accommodation and medical insurance.
- Students applying for studies conducted in Hungarian will be required to do a one-year preparatory course before commencing with their degree studies.
- Application for the scholarship is open to all South African citizens with a strong academic record and an interest in studying in Hungary.
- Applicants should also demonstrate commitment to the development of South Africa and must be available to study abroad from September 2017. Furthermore, all applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
- Furthermore, all applicants must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
- Citizens of South Africa are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications for South African citizens to study in Hungary on the Stipendium Hungaricum must be submitted online via the website www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu and by submitting this form by email to hungaryscholarships-at-dhet.gov.za.
Deadline: The deadline for application is March 5, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply