Ventures Africa, a Pan-African magazine, is currently recruiting intern(s) to assist with developing contents for its news portal. The successful candidate(s) will work closely with Ventures Africa’s editorial team from their Lagos office. The internship lasts for six months, and it’s paid.
Ventures Africa is a Pan-African business magazine that chronicles the success stories of Africa’s greatest entrepreneurs and business leaders. We also publish real-time news online about business in Africa, investment, Investors, real estate, technology, African companies, entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs, life style and travel etc. Our print edition targets market distribution in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Their website, www.ventures-africa.com, focuses on the following categories:
- Business in Africa
- Real Estate
- Lifestyle and Travel
- Opinion (Op-Ed)
To apply for the internship, you must:
- have a good command of English language
- be familiar with Bloomberg.com’s style of writing
- have a basic proof reading and editing skills and/or other relevant journalism experience
- be tech savvy and have web-posting experience
- enjoy writing and deadline-oriented
- be passionate about Africa and the business deals taking place on the continent
- be hard working, have a high sense of commitment, be open-minded, willing to learn and most importantly be a team player
- be willing to complete an editorial test.
Successful applicants will be entitled to different benefits, including an opportunity to attend a sponsored training course, during the six months period and/or represent Ventures Africa at high profile events.
How to Apply:
Send a copy of your CV and two references to [email protected], include a one-page cover letter on why you are the right candidate for the job and two sample writings (not more than 700-words each) focusing on any of the above listed categories. It will be helpful to visit their website and read their contents before applying.
Deadline: June 1st 2012
For more information, and to apply, click here.