Zhejiang University in China invites applications for the Marine Scholarship of China for master as well as doctoral programme students in 2019
The ocean, covering about 71% of the Earth’s surface, plays a primary role in addressing the climate change and supporting the global economy, trade and livelihood. The sustainable ocean development has direct impact on the development and prosperity of all coastal countries now and in the future. And it has become an inexorable trend worldwide that through international cooperation and exchange we should deepen our understanding of the ocean and promote sustainable ocean development to enhance regional and global economic prosperity.
Under this consideration, the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) and the Ministry of Education of China jointly initiate the program of Marine Scholarship of China (hereinafter called the Scholarship) for the purpose of providing financial support to outstanding students from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Pacific and the Indian Oceans and African developing countries to study in China for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties, cultivating advanced professionals of the related fields for developing countries, enhancing international marine cooperation and exchange, and promoting the harmonious ocean development in the region and around the world.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) is in charge of the admissions and routine management of the Scholarship.
Worth of Award
- i. Tuition waiver
ii. Free accommodation on campus
iii. Living allowance: RMB 3,000 per month for master’s students, and RMB3, 500 per month for doctoral students
iv. Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- The applicant should be a citizen of non-Chinese nationality in good health, from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific and its surround island countries, or an African developing country.
- The applicant must apply for the postgraduate program of ocean-related specialties.
- Any applicant who is currently engaged in oceanographic and relevant sectors will be given high priority.
- The applicant for master’s degree studies is required to have a bachelor’s degree and be usually under the age of 40.
- The applicant for doctoral degree studies is required to have a master’s degree and be usually under the age of 45.
How to Apply
- Applicants should apply to Zhejiang University directly and submit the application materials to Office of Management for Postgraduate Students of International College by post or in person.
- The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
- The envelope of application package should be marked “Application for Marine Scholarship of China 2019”.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2019.