Zhejiang University Marine Scholarship of China opens for applications for master as well as doctoral programme for students from Non-Chinese nationality.
Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences.
Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers).
Scholarships are available to pursue master as well as doctoral programme in ocean-related specialties.
Worth of Award
i. Tuition waiver
ii. Free accommodation on campus
iii. Living allowance: RMB 3,000 per month for master’s students, and RMB3, 500 per month for doctoral students
iv. Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Living allowance is to be granted by the university on a monthly basis, starting from the date of entrance of the student. For the first month, the students who register before or on the 15thday of the month will receive the allowance in full, and those after the 15thday of the month, in half. The allowance will extend half a month after the specified graduation date designated by the university. As for those who suspend, quit or complete their academic program and return to their own country, the allowance will stop from the next month. The allowance covers the holidays recognized by the university. Those who are away in the holidays and unable to get their allowance in time may receive their dues when return to the university. And as for those who are late for the registration or stay away from the school without any formality of asking for absence for a time longer than one month, the allowance for that month shall be cancelled.
- Those who have to suspend their program because of pregnancy or severe disease must return to their own country for delivery or recovery, and the travel must be at their own expense. Those who have been approved by the school authority to suspend their program, their qualification for the Scholarship may extend for no longer than one year and the allowance will stop during the suspension. But those who suspend their program on other excuses will be disqualified from the scholarship.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The applicant for master’s degree studies is required to have a bachelor’s degree andbe usually under the age of 40.
- The applicant for doctoral degree studies is required to have a master’s degree and be usually under the age of 45.
- Students from Non-Chinese nationality are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply to Zhejiang University directly and submit the application materials to Office of Management for Postgraduate Students of International College by post or in person. And it is advised not to submit application materials during the University’s winter vacation, from Jan 20 to Feb. 22, 2017.The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 30, 2017.