Erasmus University seeks applications for Holland Scholarships open to students applying for the Master in Commercial Law (both specialisations) or the Master in International and European Public Law at Erasmus School of Law.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
In order to study at Erasmus School of Law, all students must be able to listen, read, speak and write fluently in English from the start of their studies at ESL.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme to study Commercial Law (both specialisations) or International and European Public Law at Erasmus School of Law.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship amounts to € 5,000.
- Students will receive this in the first year of their studies.
- Student’s nationality is non-EEA;
- Students are applying for the Master in Commercial Law (both specialisations) or the Master in International and European Public Law at Erasmus School of Law;
- Students have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands;
- Students have to pay the institute tuition fee because you do not meet the nationality requirement;
- Students must have achieved excellent study results in your prior education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 (or the equivalent) during their prior education. For these purposes, prior education means: the previous bachelor in Law
- You meet the specific requirements of the LL.M. programmes of Erasmus School of Law.
- Non-EEA students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Students who have applied for a master’s programme at the Erasmus School of Law and who meet the application criteria can apply for the scholarship between 1 November 2016 and 1 May 2017. The application procedure for the Holland Scholarship Programme is as follows:
Every application can be submitted by e-mail to the LLM office and need to include the following documents:
- (Provisional) Admission letter
- Motivation letter (including intended career path)
- Proof of excellence during Bachelor of Law (Certified copy of Bachelor Degree including grade list)
- In case you have not completed your Bachelor yet the average grade of the current year until the date of application applies
- Description of financial position including a bank statement (that shows an amount sufficient for the living costs during your studies of 12 x €900) and an indication of the maximum amount that can be contributed by the prospective student and/or external sponsors
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is May 1, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply