DAAD offers Master and PhD scholarships for African students to pursue postgraduate degree programmes outside their home country at selected networks or centres of excellence.
The objective of this scholarship programme is to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in public sector through postgraduate training for in select postgraduate study programmes.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation
Scholarships are available for pursuing Master and PhD programme in Communication, Computer Science and IT; Engineering, Technology, Urban Planning, Environmental and Resources Management; Health Sciences, Medicine, Psychology, Veterinary Medicine; Law; Mathematics, Economics, Business, Management; Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Earth Sciences, Natural Resources, Food Science) and Social Sciences, Governance, Development, Education.
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Worth of Award
University fees, research allowance, monthly stipend, travel allowance (where applicable), health insurance (where applicable) and the possibility of a short study visit to Germany within the period of the scholarship.
- Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
- African students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Applicants should apply to the institution of choice using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution.
- The institutions have set their own deadlines.
- Only the shortlisted applicants can apply for the DAAD scholarship in the DAAD Portal.
Deadline: Deadline for each university is different.
Click here for more details and to apply