A minimum TOEFL score of 5.5 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the following master’s programmes:
- International Course in Health Development / Master in Public Health– Track in Health Systems Policy and Management
- Master in Public Health – Track in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Master in Public Health – Track in Health Systems in Fragile and Conflict-affected Environments
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands.
Worth of Award
- NFP scholarships, which are granted for the duration of the master’s programme, cover tuition fees plus the costs of international travel, subsistence, books and health insurance.
- Nuffic decides how many fellowships will be available and awards a grant to KIT to cover the fellowship holders’ costs.
- KIT pays each fellowship holder a monthly allowance for the duration of the master’sprogramme.
Applicants for the NFP scholarships for a KIT master’s program must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to the courseof your choice. This means that you meet all the requirements set out by the Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) / Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUA)
- Be nationals of and working and living in a country on the NFP Country list
- accept the NFP rules and regulations
- Upload in ATLAS all mandatory documents. (see previous information)
- Not to be employed by a multinational corporation, UNorganisation, IMF, a bilateral or multilateral donor organisation or a large natonal and/or commercial organization
- Be employed in an area to which the study will make a relevant contribution
- Citizens of developing countries can apply for Royal Tropical Institute Scholarships.
How to Apply
NFP uses a two-step application procedure:
- Applicants must request academic admission directly from KIT (via the KIT online application system, follow the link in each specific course page).
- Applicants who have applied for a course for which NFP scholarships are available and have been accepted will receive an e-mail from KIT with the correct link to ATLAS, the new application system for NFP. This link will only be sent when the registration period opens.
- Applicants have to apply separately for the NFP scholarship via ATLAS (the new NFP online application system).
- The registration period opens approx. 6 weeks before the application deadline. Check the application deadline for each course in the course description.
Deadline: Application deadline NFP is 22 March 2017. Applicants should apply first to KIT for admission (deadline to apply KIT online application system 20 February 2017).