A minimum TOEFL score of 5.5 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the following master’s programmes:
- International Course in Health Development / Master in Public Health– Track in Health Systems Policy and Management
- Master in Public Health – Track in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Master in Public Health – Track in Health Systems in Fragile and Conflict-affected Environments
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands.
Worth of Award
- NFP scholarships, which are granted for the duration of the master’s programme, cover tuition fees plus the costs of international travel, subsistence, books and health insurance.
- Nuffic decides how many fellowships will be available and awards a grant to KIT to cover the fellowship holders’ costs.
- KIT pays each fellowship holder a monthly allowance for the duration of the master’sprogramme.
Applicants for the NFP scholarships for a KIT master’s program must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to the courseof your choice. This means that you meet all the requirements set out by the Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) / Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUA)
- Be nationals of and working and living in a country on the NFP Country list
- accept the NFP rules and regulations
- Upload in ATLAS all mandatory documents. (see previous information)
- Not to be employed by a multinational corporation, UNorganisation, IMF, a bilateral or multilateral donor organisation or a large natonal and/or commercial organization
- Be employed in an area to which the study will make a relevant contribution
- Citizens of developing countries can apply for Royal Tropical Institute Scholarships.
How to Apply
NFP uses a two-step application procedure:
- Applicants must request academic admission directly from KIT (via the KIT online application system, follow the link in each specific course page).
- Applicants who have applied for a course for which NFP scholarships are available and have been accepted will receive an e-mail from KIT with the correct link to ATLAS, the new application system for NFP. This link will only be sent when the registration period opens.
- Applicants have to apply separately for the NFP scholarship via ATLAS (the new NFP online application system).
- The registration period opens approx. 6 weeks before the application deadline. Check the application deadline for each course in the course description.
Deadline: Application deadline NFP is 22 March 2017. Applicants should apply first to KIT for admission (deadline to apply KIT online application system 20 February 2017).
Click here for more details and to apply