The University of Strathclyde offers scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme. These scholarships are open to self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students with excellent academic qualifications.
The University of Strathclyde is a Scottish public research university located in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow’s second-oldest university, with the university receiving its royal charter in 1964 as the UK’s first technological university. It takes its name from the historic Kingdom of Strathclyde.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme in the field of Faculty of Engineering.
List of Subjects: Architecture, Electronic and electrical engineering, Civil and environmental engineering, Biomedical engineering, Design manufacture and engineering management, Mechanical and aerospace engineering, Chemical and process engineering, Naval architecture, ocean and marine engineering.
Worth of Award
- Undergraduate: A scholarship of £3,600 towards your course tuition fees is available for the first year of your undergraduate course.Please note: This award is based upon tuition fees of £18,000. The amount may vary for some courses, including Architecture and Biomedical Engineering.
- Postgraduate Taught: A £2,700 scholarship towards course tuition fees is available for MSc courses.
- Postgraduate Research: £3,600 towards course tuition fees for the first year of a full-time PhD is available.
- Please note: Applications are still being accepted for students starting their PhD in the current academic session (2016-2017). If you’re applying to start within this academic year, please use the 2017-18 application form.
- Undergraduate: Students must achieve an average of 75% + (or equivalent) in your high school grades to be considered.
- Postgraduate Taught: Students must hold a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree to be considered.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
- The Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship is only eligible for self-funded, international (non-EU) fee paying students enrolling on a full-time course. Students who receive sponsorship from a government office, embassy, educational establishment or an employer are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You’re only eligible for one scholarship per academic year.
How to Apply
Please complete the Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship application form and submit your completed application by email or by post.
- Completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible.
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you have applied for a place on a full-time course through the University’s admission process and have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place.
- You may apply for scholarships in subsequent years of study, if appropriate.
Deadline: The application deadline is August 11, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply