Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate studies in all the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- Partially or fully waived tuition, waived miscellaneous fees and credit fees (Students will receive subsidies of the actual credits taken every semester. The maximum number of credits subsidized every semester is twelve.)
- Free lodging in the student dormitories of NPUST.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a yearly basis. Renewal applications will be evaluated based on student’s academic performance. The expected duration of earning a master and a Ph. D degree are2 and 3 years, respectively. Students who need to study longer than the expected duration are entitled to only partially or fully waived tuition and waived miscellaneous fees, free lodging in dormitories, and subsidies for up to twelve actual credits.
- Monthly stipend equivalent to that of Taiwan doctoral students can also be awarded todoctoral students for up to one year until the month of applicant’s graduation.
- The awards for new students shall be decided by the Committee for Admission of Foreign Students, while those for currently enrolled students (including renewal applicants) shall be reviewed and granted by the Scholarship Review Committee, and finally approved by the President of NPUST.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students with a foreign nationality
- New foreign students are eligible for such application while applying for admission to NPUST.
- Currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants) applying for a scholarship are required to submit a copy of their transcript for the previous academic year showing an average of 75 points or more for undergraduates and 80 points or more for graduate students. In addition, the grade of conduct must reach 80 points or more.
How to Apply
For new foreign students: The recruitment regulations were established under NPUST and may be found in the regulations (document #0960021880) posted by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan.
For currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants):
- A copy of their transcript for the previous academic year
- Two recommendation letters written by a class mentor or an academic adviser
For new foreign students: The application must be submitted along with the application for admission to NPUST by April 30 for the following academic year.
For currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants): Applications must be submitted between July 20 and August 5 for the following academic year.