Scholarships are available to undertake Huayu courses at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE.
Worth of Award
Scholarships will include a monthly stipend of NT $25,000 (Approximately US $781.25).
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
A. Applicants must be a United States Citizen, age 18 years or older, be a resident or a student of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont, possess a high school diploma or above, exhibit excellent academic performance, and be of good moral character.
- Applicants with one of the following qualifications are ineligible to apply:
- Overseas Chinese students or nationals of the Republic of China (Taiwan) (previously/currently hold a Republic of China (Taiwan) passport).
- Currently registered student at a Mandarin Language Center or has been adegree seeking student at any university or college in Taiwan.
- Previously a recipient of HES or Taiwan Scholarship Program. d. Currently an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
- Currently receiving financial benefits from Taiwan government agencies or colleges and universities in Taiwan.
- International students (except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students) can apply for the scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicant must send all completed documents to the Education Division, TECOBoston by post mail before the deadline. (Must be postmarked by the deadline.) Failure to include any of the required documents will render the application incomplete, and the applicant will not be considered for the scholarship without further notice.
Contact person: Ms. Levina Huang at wthuang-at-mail.moe.gov.tw or 617-737-2055.
Required application documents:
- Huayu Enrichment Scholarship application form (download at http://www.moebos.org. Webpage route: English>Studying in Taiwan>Huayu Enrichment Scholarship)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport information page(s)
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest degree (diploma) and original transcript (sent by school registrar’s office). d. A photocopy of the admission application form sent to the Mandarin Language Center in Taiwan.
- Two letters of recommendation signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from principals, professors, or supervisors).
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2017.