Macquarie University invites applications for Africa Development Scholarship for an undergraduate or postgraduate programme for African students in the 2018/2019 academic year. The scholarship is for full time, on-campus study only.
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia.
Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications. All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5).
Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate or postgraduate programme to learn any of the courses offered by the university. Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Worth of Award
University provides AU$5000 annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of an African country.
- have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- You’re not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2017 or 2018.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship (which may include the UAC Scholarship) for this course of study, unless you have been advised otherwise by a representative of the university.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
How to Apply
- You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a country scholarship.
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
- Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website. Visit
- Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Deadline: Application deadline for Session 1 February intake is January 31 and for Session 2 for July intake June 30, annually.