The University of Maine seeks applications for International Flagship Undergraduate Scholarships for international students intending to start their undergraduate full-time academic programme in 2017-2018.
The University of Maine is a public research university located in Orono, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1865 as a land grant college and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
All applicants are required to submit language proficiency: TOEFL: minimum score of 79 (iBT) or 550 (iTP), institution code 3916 and IELTS: minimum score of 6.5.
Applicants from non-English speaking countries must furnish proof of their proficiency in English. There are two major tests for this purpose, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and tests from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme for the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
The International Flagship Scholarship awards are valued at US$10,000 per academic year to international undergraduate applicants.
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award.
- Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award.
- International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Applicants are considered for this scholarship when their application for admission is reviewed. No additional application is required.
- Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award.
Deadline: Students need to have a complete undergraduate application on file in order to be considered for all UMaine international scholarships:
- For fall 2017 admission – by February 1, 2017.