Doctoral Scholarships at HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management in Germany, 2017Friede Springer Doctoral Scholarships opens for applications at the Center for Advanced Studies in Management, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management. The successful candidates do innovative research in the fields of Management Science, Logistics, Operations Management and/or (Algorithmic) Game Theory.
The Doctoral Program is designed on a part-time basis and is particularly of interest to research oriented candidates, seeking to combine their job with a postgraduate degree.
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, formerly known as Handelshochschule Leipzig, is a private business school based in Saxony, Germany. Established in 1898, it is one of the world’s oldest business schools.
Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme at the Center for Advanced Studies in Management to do innovative research in the fields of Management Science, Logistics, Operations Management and/or (Algorithmic) Game Theory.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships offer a unique opportunity to pursue a doctoral project under the guidance of internationally renowned scholars as a part of our dynamic team.
- Each scholarship provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,750, a yearly budget for visiting international conferences as well as a waiver of the tuition fee for the doctoral program (EUR 15,000).
- The maximum length of the scholarship is two years.
- Applicants must hold a MSc degree (or equivalent) with a quantitative economic or managerial focus, e.g., in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Business Mathematics, Economics, Management Information Science, or in Mathematics or Computer Science with a profound knowledge in business administration.
- Fluency in English and excellent programming skills as well as experience in using standard solvers (CPLEX or Gurobi) are of advantage.
- German and international students can apply for Doctoral Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Applications include a completed application form, CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates, a recommendation letter from a previous academic advisor, and the names and contact information of at least two additional referees.
- A short research proposal is welcome but not required. Please send your application as PDF by email to casim(at)hhl.de addressed to the academic director of CASiM, Prof. Dr. Erwin Pesch.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed starting from January 1, 2017. The scholarships are expected to start in Spring 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply