The University of Oslo in Norway is inviting applications for the International Summer School Scholarships for International Students in 2020.
ISS offers a number of scholarships and grants. This is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and ensure that their summer school represents global diversity. Since their funds are limited, competition for ISS scholarships is very tough. The ISS only offers scholarships for applicants to the International Summer School, not applicants to all year Programmes at the University of Oslo.
Worth of Award
- It is possible to apply for either an Off-Campus and On-Campus scholarship, depending on where you come from and which category you apply to.
- An Off-Campus scholarship covers all basic fees which include extracurricular activities, health insurance, one-weekend excursion outside Oslo, public transportation (public transportation card within Oslo not applicable to UiO program students), card within Oslo and reading materials.
- An On-Campus scholarship covers all the basic fees mentioned above. In addition, it includes simple accommodation in a double room at Blindern Dormitory and board according to the dormitory meal plans.
To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- That you meet the academic requirements
- A strong academic record
- The relevance of your academic and/or professional background to the course you apply for in your statement of purpose (see course descriptions for more information)
- Nationality: Citizens of Asia, Oceania and Africa; Central America and South America; Caucasus and Balkans; Former Soviet Union states, EU/EEA countries and Switzerland; Nordic countries; USA and Canada are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Register application through UiO’s application portal;
- When registering your name, where it says the first name write both your first and middle names exactly as written in your passport.
- There is no “Submit” button in the Application Portal – when you have chosen your course(s) and uploaded all required documents, your application is complete.
- You can log in multiple times to complete your application and upload documents, within the deadline.
- After the deadline, you will not be able to upload additional documents. Incomplete applications will not proceed.
- You will be able to log in to check the status of your application at any time.
- You will receive an email with the application result.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2020.