Deakin University is committed to providing international students with opportunities to obtain financial support for their study program through a wide range of scholarships and bursaries.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme in 2017 to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Scholarship offers 100% of your tuition fees for the normal duration of the course.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria. Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- An International student who holds a Temporary Protection visa or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa or be an asylum seeker on Bridging Visa A or E
- Commencing located (on campus) full-time studies in Trimester 1 2017 at Deakin University
- Eligible for entry into an award course at Deakin University.
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type – ‘Deakin Humanitarian Scholarship only – Evidence of your visa and applicant statement’ when you upload your documents – it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Supporting documentation should include:
- a copy of your visa
- statement of recommendation from a school or community leader (not a family member)
- other referee statements which could support your application
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 20, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply