The HAN Excellence and Holland Scholarship programme is jointly offered by HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN-UAS) and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. Scholarships are granted to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) enrolling for a Bachelors programme in the Netherlands.
The HAN University of Applied Sciences often abbreviated as HAN, is a vocational university of applied sciences with campuses in Arnhem and Nijmegen in the Netherlands. It offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a wide range of subjects.
Applicants require proof of English language proficiency: e.g. TOEFL iBT score of 79 or higher, IELTS score of 6.0 or higher, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship amounts to a yearly award of € 2,500 for the duration of a maximum study period of 4 years, under the condition that you show sufficient study progress (a minimum 75% of credit points achieved and a positive study advice).
- For the top 20 to 25 ranked applications, an additional amount of € 2,500 will be awarded in the first study year. The ranking is based on motivation, presentation, grades and English level.
Scholarships are granted to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) enrolling for a Bachelors programme in the Netherlands.
How to Apply
A link to submit your on-line application will be placed on this page on 1 April 2017. You fill out the application and submit it together with a number of required items before 1 May 2017. Below find a description of the required items that must accompany your digital application, so that you can already have these prepared in advance.
- Your (provisional) admission letter of the HAN
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you will be a successful HAN student
- A short video of yourself of max. 3 minutes in which you address the following questions:
a) Describe yourself and the areas in which you consider yourself to excel.
- b) If your former teachers or your friends would tell us about you, what would they say?
- c) Tell us about your chosen study programme at the HAN.
- d) If working in a team, based on your personality and/or experience, what role would you have and why?
- e) What are your career ambitions and, professionally speaking, what and where will you be ten years from now?
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.