University of Portsmouth seeks applications for University of Portsmouth Scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian Students available for full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees.
The University of Portsmouth is a public university in the city of Portsmouth, in the ceremonial county of Hampshire on the south coast of England; it is located mainly on Portsea Island with a population of 205,400, it is the United Kingdom’s only island city.
Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject and for Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
Scholarships are available for full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees for students who have applied for one of the following full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University.
- The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed.
The scholarship is open to applicants from the following countries:
- Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
- Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
- Nationality: Ghanaian and Nigerian students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Please submit the scholarship form to international.office-at-port.ac.uk before this deadline. You will be informed of the outcome within one week after the application deadline.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply