London School of Economics (LSE) invites applications for The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships Sub-Saharan African students in 2020
The London School of Economics is a public research university located in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships, are generously supported by Standard Bank of South Africa Plc. They offer an exciting opportunity of funding for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Banks African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Worth of Award
- The three scholarships will each provide the cost of full fees for the eligible programmes and provide a maintenance stipend for living costs.
The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Applicants will ordinarily be resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
How to Apply
- To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2020, you must:
- Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
- Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker including completing Section G: Personal Statement.
- – and receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
- by the deadline
- If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete Section G: Personal statement.
The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed on the application tracker after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards like this one will be contacted by email throughout May, June and July 2020.
Deadline: you must receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on April 27, 2020.
Click here to apply for admission
Click here to track your admission