London School of Economics (LSE) invites applications for The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships Sub-Saharan African students.
The London School of Economics is a public research university located in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships, are generously supported by Standard Bank of South Africa Plc. They offer an exciting opportunity of funding for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Banks African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
The are three scholarships available to support a student with an offer of admission on one of the following Masters programmes at the London School of Economics and Political Science:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
How to Apply
- The scholarship will provide £30,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
- These scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
How to Apply
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must have completed the 2017/18 LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form and received an offer of admission(conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 26 April 2017. You must complete Section G – Personal Statement.
- When you submit an application for admission to a taught masters programme, the Graduate Admissions Office will acknowledge your application and provide information about how to set up an LSE For You online account. This account will allow you to track the progress of your application for admission, and will provide you with access to the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application Form. The LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form will be available until 26 April 2017.
- If you complete the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form, you will also be considered for support from the LSE Graduate Support Scheme. Being unsuccessful with your application to the Graduate Support Scheme does not preclude you from being considered for other awards such as this one.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must have completed the 2017/18 LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form and received an offer of admission(conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 26 April 2017.
- Selection for this scholarship will take place between May and July 2017 and they will only notify the successful recipient(s) by the end of July 2017. If you have not heard from the Financial Support Office by the end of July 2017, you must assume your application has been unsuccessful. We will notify successful applicants only.