The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for international merit postgraduate scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement.
The University of Sheffield is a premier-league, research-led institution with a population of over 25,000 students including more than 6,500 international students from over 115 countries.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate programme. Scholarships are awarded for studying the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Merit Postgraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual postgraduate tuition fee.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday16 June 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicant must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
Nationality: Applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- West Africa: Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo, Guinea
- Other: Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey and USA
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form. Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement. They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application.
Deadline: The deadline for scholarship applications is June 23, 2017.