Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship opens for African students at School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) for MSc/MA programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East.
The English Language requirement for all SOAS, University of London postgraduate programmes is 60% overall in FDPS Academic English course, or the standard IELTS requirements
Scholarships are available to pursue MSc/MA programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
Worth of Award
The scholarship provides for fees, visa costs, one return flight, accommodation at SOAS’ students hall and £8000 living cost for the year.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub?Saharan Africa.
Eligible Programmes: The eligible MSc/MA is only those within the following departments (note that any MSc in each department is applicable):
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- MA African Studies
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS (Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS.
- Applicants from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply
Once the place is secured, the applicants can apply for the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents by email to ab17-at-soas.ac.uk:
- complete application form (see pdf attached on the right side of this page)
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 30, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply