The University of Edinburgh is inviting applications for Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship in any subject. Students from Tanzania can apply for the scholarship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
Scholarship is awarded for postgraduate Master’s study at University of Edinburgh.for postgraduate Master’s study in any subject offered by the University for the 2017-2018 academic session.
Worth of Award
- The Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarships will cover tuition fees, living costs of £10,000, and a return flight from Tanzania to the UK.
- The scholarship is tenable for one academic year. In addition to their studies, the successful applicant will be expected to participate in Swahili language conversation tutorials.
- This will amount to no more than 20 hours for each scholar per semester.
- The scholarships will be awarded to Tanzanian citizen who is normally resident in Tanzania, and who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Masters programme of study at the University of Edinburgh. Applicants who already hold a degree from outside Tanzania will not be considered.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is April 3, 2017.