Facebook offerS Emerging Scholar Program for students to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community. These awards are open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
The Award is designed to specifically support talented students from underrepresented minority groups and encourage them to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Emerging Scholar Award is provided for first and second year PhD students who are underrepresented minorities in the technology industry.Scholarships are awarded for students pursuing studies in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
Worth of Award
The Emerging Scholar Award includes:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years
- $37,000 annual stipend
- Up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The Emerging Scholar Award is open to first or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented in the technology sector.
- The award is open to students at universities in the US and abroad who are enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
How to Apply
- Research Statement: 1-2 page research summary
- Resume or CV with email, phone and mailing address, along with applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation (Please provide reference email addresses): Advisor and one Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is February 28, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply