College of Cross-Cultural and Multidisciplinary Studies, Kumamoto University, offers scholarships for international students to study in Japan. The Spring Program offers two courses to participants: an English Course (conducted in English) and a Japanese Course (conducted in Japanese).
The English Course will be conducted entirely in English, whereas the Japanese course will be conducted entirely in Japanese.
Kumamoto University is one of the oldest universities in Japan. For more than 100 years, Kumamoto University has been a centre of culture, contributing to the development of technologies and the Japanese education system.
The Spring Program offers two courses to participants: an English Course (conducted in English) and a Japanese Course (conducted in Japanese).Each course of the Spring Program has its own study theme. For the English Course, the theme is “Kumamoto Groundwater and Environmental Sustainability.” For the Japanese Course, the theme is “Japanese Language and Culture.”
Worth of Award
- Participants in the Spring Program may apply for a government scholarship of 80,000 Japanese Yen, provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have a GPA greater than or equal to 2.3, and not receive any other scholarships for this program which exceed 80,000 Japanese Yen.
- Please note that there are a limited number of scholarships available. Scholarships will be awarded based on Grade Point Average (GPA).
Participation in this program is open to students who:
- are undergraduate students studying at universities with which Kumamoto University has an agreement for academic or student exchange
- have English language proficiency equal to or greater than IELTS level 5
- have Japanese language proficiency equal to or greater than JLPT N4
- *Please note that participation in this program is limited to 40 students. If we receive more than 40 applications for the program, a selection will be held based on Grade Point Average (GPA).
How to Apply
Please request the international office of your university to submit your application by email (PDF format) or by FAX by December 1, 2016. Please be sure to include a copy of your passport and your academic record from your previous year.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is December 1, 2016.