Durham University offers up to ten bursaries to pursue a master degree within Faculty of Arts & Humanities. These bursaries are open to UK/EU applicants.
Durham University is distinctive – a residential Collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. They seek the highest distinction in research and scholarship and are committed to excellence in all aspects of education and transmission of knowledge.
The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as preferred English Language proficiency tests.
Bursaries are available for pursuing Master degree programme within the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
Worth of Award
MA bursaries are tenable for 12 months (full-time) and cover full fees at the home/EU rate for taught or research MA programmes in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
University is looking for candidates with the following:
- a first-class or very good 2:1 undergraduate degree;
- outstanding research potential;
- a high-quality research/dissertation project;
- a firm intention to progress to doctoral study.
- To be eligible for a Faculty MA bursary, you must apply to commence an MA programme within one of the Faculty’s departments in the 2017–18 academic year.*Please note: that awards cannot be deferred and it is assumed that successful candidates will start in October 2017.
- ** International students are eligible for faculty MA Bursaries, but applicants should note that the bursaries are only payable at the Home/EU rate and they may need to source further funding from elsewhere.
- International students are eligible for faculty MA Bursaries, but applicants should note that the bursaries are only payable at the Home/EU rate and they may need to source further funding from elsewhere.
How to Apply
To apply for a Faculty MA bursary, you will need to complete Durham University’s on-line application form and to state that you wish to be considered for the Faculty MA bursary when the form asks you to indicate how you intend to fund your studies. If you have already submitted an application, please contact your prospective department and inform them that you wish to be considered for a Faculty MA bursary. The deadline for receipt of applications from the department into the Faculty Office is 23 January 2017.
***Please note: check your departmental website as they will set an earlier internal deadline for the receipt of applications. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline of your chosen department.
Deadline: The deadline for receipt of applications from the department into the Faculty Office is January 23, 2017.