The University of Leicester invites applications for scholarships for the students of Asia and Africa for September2017 intake for undergraduate program at the department of College of Science and Engineering.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate programme at the College of Science and Engineering in the field of Chemistry, Engineering, Geography, Geology, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy.
Worth of Award
Successful applicant will receive tuition fee discount of 22% – or 28%.
- Applicants must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of their course. The discount will not be applied to a year spent abroad or on an industrial placement (these years have a greatly reduced fee anyway).
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If they are awarded more than one scholarship, they will, therefore, receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017.
- If students currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, they will still need to fulfil any conditions stated in their offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.
Students from Asia and Africa can apply for these scholarships.
List of Countries: Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to Apply
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, students will be notified when final results are available. Applications to UK universities must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for entry to full-time undergraduate degrees.
Deadline: The normal closing date for application to reach the UCAS office is 15th January2017.
Click here for more details and to apply