Uppsala University in Sweden is inviting applications for the Global Master Scholarship for International Students in 2021.
Uppsala University is a research university in Uppsala, Sweden, and is the oldest university in Sweden and all of the Nordic countries, founded in 1477. It ranks among the best universities in Northern Europe in international rankings.
Some scholarships are specifically for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s Programmes, while others are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s students. Some scholarships are open for all citizens of a country outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland whilst others are only open to citizens of certain countries.
Worth of Award
Scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s Programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing 31 August 2021.
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic talent and show interest in belonging to an educational milieu.
- Students can only be awarded an Uppsala University Global Scholarship if a Programme at Uppsala University is chosen as a first priority.
- You must have applied for the Master’s Programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the Programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before the deadline to University Admissions.
- The Programme must be delivered on campus. The scholarship is not available for distance learning Programmes or Programmes partially taught at other universities outside Sweden.
How to Apply
To apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships;
- You must first apply for one of Uppsala University’s international Bachelor’s and Master’s Programmes through the website www.universityadmissions.se before their deadline.
- You can find more information about the application process on the website.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must submit an on-time application for the Programme in the international application period.
- You must make two separate applications, one for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Programme and one for a scholarship.
- If your application is considered late, you will not be eligible for the Uppsala University scholarships.
Deadline: Application closes February 1, 2021