BI Norwegian Business School seeks applications for Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship Programme available for the new 1st-year master of Science students.
BI Norwegian Business School is an independent, not-for-profit foundation whose sole focus is education and research. Any profit will be used to strengthen BI’s research and learning environment in accordance with the objectives of the school.
Scholarships are available for pursuing Master of Science (MSc) at BI Norwegian Business School in the field of Business, Strategic Marketing Management, Leadership and Organisational Psychology, Finance, Accounting and Auditing.
Worth of Award
A maximum of two students will receive this scholarship each year, and the size of the scholarship is NOK 75.000,- per semester per student. The scholarship will be administered by BI who is also responsible for the academic follow-up of the recipients.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must apply for admission to the programme he/she is qualified for, and in addition, apply for the scholarship. All candidates must act according to valid admission criteria and application deadlines.
- Candidates that may apply are applicants for Master of Science (MSc) at BI Norwegian Business School.
- A committee consisting of representatives from A. Wilhelmsen Foundation and BI Norwegian Business School will carry out the selection of scholarship recipients. The final decision cannot be appealed.
- Residents of countries outside Norway. Wilhelmsen has the Baltic region, Russia, Portugal and the Caribbean as main activity areas. Candidates from these regions are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- All applicants must write a scholarship application letter for this specific scholarship.
- The letter should be maximum 1 page and supplement the programme application.
- Applicants are advised to include their goals and motivations for studying at BI, career ambitions, and how they feel that they can contribute to the programme and study environment.
- It is also important to include information regarding family and economic situations, and explain why they feel the scholarship is necessary for them to fulfil their ambitions.
- For applying to the university applicants must submit an online application and submit the following documents
- Official university/college transcripts and diplomas
- A GMAT/GRE/CAT test score
- A TOEFL/IELTS test score
- A one-page application essay (motivation letter) in English.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A financial plan. All international applicants must submit a personal financial plan. The financial plan is a general overview of how you intend to finance your degree and living expenses. Please click on the link to download the financial plan template.
- A copy of the identification page in passport (does not apply if you are a Norwegian citizen).
Deadline: The application deadline is 1st March 2017.