ASEAN scholarships open for applications at the Victoria University of Wellington for up to five scholarships for the students of ASEAN countries. These scholarships are awarded to students who have submitted an application to study at Victoria as an undergraduate international student in 2017.
Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence.
To study at Victoria as an international student, students shall need a good command of the English language and a good record of academic achievement.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme in any of the courses offered by the Victoria University of Wellington.
Worth of Award
ASEAN scholarship covers the tuition fees for the first year of study for an undergraduate degree commencing in 2017.
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN country. ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam;
- Have an excellent record of academic achievement in their secondary school/university foundation programme studies;
- Be completing (or have completed) the academic requirements for admission into an undergraduate degree at the Victoria University of Wellington in 2017;
- Have submitted an application to study at Victoria as an undergraduate International Student in 2017;
- Be intending to enrol for the first year of study of an undergraduate degree at the Victoria University of Wellington in 2017;
- Be under 23 years old on 31 December 2016;
- Be able to obtain a student visa;
- Produce evidence of achievements or forecast achievements to meet the admission requirements;
- Have met Victoria’s English language requirements for undergraduate study;
- Not have lodged, personally or as dependents, a current application for migration or has been granted residence status in New Zealand.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted during September and October and must be received by Victoria University by 31 October. No application fee is required.
- Applicants should include certified copies of supporting documents that have not already been submitted to Victoria as part of an application for admission.
- A full list of the required documents can be found on the ‘Application Form.’
Deadline: The deadline is application is 31 October 2016.