Barry University invites applications for the Barry Stamps Scholars Program for Undergraduate Students in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
Barry University partners with the Stamps Scholars Program to award multi-year scholarships to help driven and talented student leaders achieve their education and life goals. Stamps Scholars pursue their educational interests while developing their leadership skills with merit-based financial aid including enrichment funds that can be used for study abroad, cultural exchanges, research projects, and other educational experiences.
Worth of Award
Stamps Scholars Rewards include
- Annual renewable scholarship for tuition, books, room and board, and transportation
- Additional $6,000 award for study abroad or other extraordinary learning experience
- A faculty member who serves as your academic advisor in the content area of your major
- Unique cultural experiences
- Leadership training and service activities
- Receptions and dinner with the donors and faculty
- Prominent leadership opportunities, including the Presidential Ambassador Program and being a student representative at University events
- Access to a national network of Stamps Scholars and special Stamps leadership and fellowship programs
The program invests in an exclusive group of high-achieving incoming freshmen with an interest in leadership and service. The award is renewable each year, based on GPA, leadership training, and community service requirements.
Other requirements include
- First year freshman (US citizen, resident, or international student)
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Demonstrated and active leadership
How to Apply
A completed application includes an essay and supporting documentation. The essay should summarize your leadership experience and personal attributes that you believe will make you an asset to the Barry University community.
Furthermore, supporting documentation must be relevant to your application and can include
- a letter of support,
- high school co-curricular activity records,
- certificate of achievement or other document of recognition,
- newspaper or other press clippings, and/or
- short video (3-minute maximum. Can be YouTube, www.zeemee.com, etc.).
If submitting a video, talk about yourself, your interests, and why you would like to be part of the Barry community. Include anything that you believe would support your application that you did not adequately convey in your application or essay.
Deadline: You may apply to the Barry Stamps Scholars Program through your MyBarry account by January 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM (EST.