European Union Erasmus Mundus seeks applications for Master in Materials Science exploring large scale facilities (MaMaSELF) Scholarships available for both European and non-European students in 2022.
The master’s program is organized in 4 semesters, over 2 years. All courses within the partner universities will be taught in English. Mamaself students must take a total value of 120 ECTS credits over the 4 semesters to fulfil the requirements of the Master.
The duration of the Mamaself Masters course is two years (120 ECTS credits). The academic program is split into two years with 60 ECTS credits for each. The language of instruction and examination is English. The student will stay one year in one institution and a second in another institution. In respect of the Erasmus Mundus mobility rules, students must change the country between Year 1 and Year 2. (It is not possible to stay the two years at the same site in Munich). It is possible to go back to one of the two first institutions for the 4th semester.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers;
- Your travel and living expenses and tuition fees in Europe for the full duration of the course.
- Scholarship for Non-EU students (Partner countries): 43,000€ for the two academic years.
- Scholarship for EU students (Program countries): 37,000 € for the two academic years.
To be considered eligible, students must have;
- A Bachelor (180 ECTS) in Materials Science or related disciplines: Chemistry, Physics, Geo-science,…
- Proof of good English competencies, e.g. TOEFL CBT 230 and PBT 550 IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, except for applicants native from English speaking countries and for students having been educated in English at secondary or/and university.
- Students who intend to have mobility at TUM must have the following level for admission at TUM: TOEFL IBT 88, CBT 234/ PBT 605
How to Apply
Students must apply online on the Mamaself application site. Documents required for the application
- Create your account
- Fill the application form
- Add the requested documents
- READ the FAQ in order to have all information
(especially regarding English proficiency and reference letters)
- The application will be evaluated in February for non-EU students.
The results will be given the first week of March for non-EU applicants and the first week of April for EU students.
Deadline: The application closes on February 10, 2022.