Adobe Systems Incorporated offers Adobe Research Fellowship for exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe in 2019.
Adobe Research creates innovative technologies for their software products to better serve consumers, creative professionals, developers, and enterprises. They bring together the smartest, most driven people they can find, and allow them the freedom to nurture their intellectual curiosity, while providing them with the necessary resources, support and freedom to shape their ideas into tangible results.
Collaboration with the academic community plays a fundamental role in this process. Their research model blends our goal for business impact and their desire to collaborate with researchers outside of Adobe. Their lab maintains collaborations with well over fifty university partners, both students and faculty. Each researcher hosts several interns a year, giving them the opportunity to build the next generation of tools to support creatives. Their work is published in peer-reviewed conferences and journals, ensuring that the impact of their research goes well beyond Adobe and into the research community at large.
Worth of Award
The Adobe Research Fellowship consists of:
- A $10,000 award paid once.
- A Creative Cloud subscription membership for one year.
- An Adobe Research mentor.
- An opportunity to interview for an internship at Adobe
The Adobe Research Fellowship recognizes outstanding graduate students anywhere in the world carrying out exceptional research in areas of computer science important to Adobe.
This year, they will be awarding fellowships to graduate students working in the areas of:
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Human-computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Programming Languages
A committee of Adobe researchers will be reviewing all applicants and will choose the recipients at their discretion. Recipients are selected based on their research (creative, impactful, important, and realistic in scope), how their work would contribute to Adobe, their technical skills (ability to build complex computer programs), and their personal skills (problem-solving ability, communication, leadership, organizational skills, ability to work in teams). Students may be invited for phone interviews following the initial review.
In order to be considered for the 2020 Adobe Research Fellowship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered as a full-time graduate student at a university.
- Remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program for the full duration of 2020 or forfeit the award.
- Cannot have a close relative working for Adobe Research.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- A research overview comprising two pages of text and figures not including citations. At least half a page should highlight how the student’s research could contribute to Adobe.
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the students work. One letter should come from the student’s advisor.
- A CV.
- A transcript of current and previous academic records both undergraduate and graduate.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting a completed Fellowship application is September 27, 2019, at 5 pm Pacific Time. The Fellowship recipients will be announced by November 20, 2019.