Karolinska Institutet is offering free online course on eHealth: Opportunities and Challenges. KIeHealthX will introduce students to the field of eHealth and its opportunities and challenges.
The course require some experience with the health sector either as patient, care professional, IT and healthcare manager or policy maker is an advantage. The course will start on October 17, 2016 and will run for 6 weeks with a 5-6 hours per week effort.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world´s leading medical universities. Our mission is to contribute to the improvement of human health through research and education. Karolinska Institutet accounts for over 40 percent of the medical academic research conducted in Sweden and offers the country´s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. Since 1901 the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has selected the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine. Learn more about Karolinska Institutet.
KIeHealthX will introduce students to the field of eHealth and its opportunities and challenges. During the course you will get to know the different concepts that are used in the field and learn how it developed historically. This basic knowledge will help you to understand the opportunities and challenges of the field. You will meet different stakeholders from various countries and get to know their views on the opportunities and challenges of eHealth. We will introduce you to eHealth strategies and frameworks for developing and analyzing them. You will get to know methods for eHealth service development and discuss basic requirements that are necessary to achieve sustainable eHealth applications for both clinical professionals and patients.
Worth of Award
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
- To define basic eHealth concepts and describe the development of the field
- What the success factors and barriers are for eHealth implementation
- To analyze eHealth strategies and adapt them in relation to your specific context
- Sabine Koch MSc, PhD: Sabine is the Strategic Professor of Health Informatics at Karolinska Institutet and Director of its Health Informatics Centre.
- Maria Hägglund MSc, PhD: Maria is a senior researcher at the Health Informatics Centre at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Sara Riggare MSc: Sara is doing research in the field of self-care for chronic conditions at the Health Informatics Centre at Karolinska Institutet.
None; some experience with the health sector either as patient, care professional, IT and healthcare manager or policy maker is an advantage.
How to Apply
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)