The Warwick Medical School offers two fully funded scholarships to the most outstanding applicants for 2017/18 entry. Scholarships are open for Home/EU PhD applicants.
The University of Warwick is a public research university in Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme in any course offered by the University.
Worth of Award
For 2017/18 entry there will be 2 WMS Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2017 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of Home/EU tuition fees (worth £4,121 at 2016/17 rates- this figure is likely to increase with inflation)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,539* for full-time award holders in 2017/18)
- The length of funding: 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Due to funding restrictions, this Scholarship is only open to Home/EU applicants
- Applicants for a WMS Scholarship must be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2017;
- Students currently enrolled in a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
- Applicants may be applying to any programme within WMS.
How to Apply
Applicants should read the ‘Guidance notes for applicants’ carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for a WMS Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2016 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the latest.
- Please note no late applications will be accepted.
Deadline: The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Wednesday 18th January 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply