The University of Oxford offers Thatcher Graduate Scholarships for international students to pursue a postgraduate degree for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Margaret Thatcher Scholarship Trust has been established to create fully-funded scholarships that will enable the most promising students to benefit from the unique education and intellectual environment that is offered by Somerville and Oxford. Somerville has fostered generations of young minds with its pioneering spirit, which spurred its students on to extraordinary achievements, and counts Margaret Thatcher among its most illustrious alumni.
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England, United Kingdom. While having no known date of foundation, there is evidence of teaching as far back as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest surviving university.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- The Thatcher Scholarships cover 100% of University Course fees (where applicable) and provides a generous grant towards living expenses and travel to Oxford, enabling Thatcher Scholars to graduate free from debt.
To be considered for the scholarship;
- Students must first be accepted onto a course by the University of Oxford through the usual admissions process (undergraduate admissions or graduate admissions).
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit in order:
- To foster academic excellence
- To support individuals who have a determination to succeed and
- To equip them to excel in their chosen field.
- Overseas (undergraduate) students will be considered for the Thatcher Scholarship once they have been offered a place to study at Oxford at Somerville College.
- The scholarships are primarily awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Applicants must have proof of competence in written and spoken English (Support for improving English language skills may be provided by the Language Learning Centre at Oxford).
- Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate Programme in the field of English, Engineering, Law.
How to Apply
- Create an account: When you click ‘Apply’ on your course page, you’ll be prompted to create a new graduate applicant account, or log into your account if you already have one. You can use one account to create as many applications as you wish.
- Login to your account: You can access your graduate applicant account using the following link: www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/applyonline.
- Using the application form: The application form is compatible with most web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. If you’re using Internet Explorer, you’ll need to use version 9 or later.
- Multiple applications: You can apply to as many courses as you like for the 2021-22 study, and many applicants apply to more than one course. If you are applying to more than one course, check that you meet the entry requirements for each one.
Deadline: The application deadline is January 2021, depending on their course.