The Australian Catholic University seeks applications for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS). These scholarships cover tuition fees, overseas health insurance costs for the scholarship holder and their dependents, and a living allowance for a period of three years for doctoral candidates, and two years for master-by-research candidates.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) has campuses around Australia in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Ballarat and Adelaide. It is also one of the few Australian universities with a presence in Europe, having opened the Rome Centre in Italy.
Students can provide evidence that they have successfully completed studies where the medium of the study was English, or they can provide evidence of their English proficiency.
Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme in subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Tuition fees and OSHC Policy for the duration of the course, plus a $26,288 p.a. living allowance with a $5,000 p.a. non-indexed top up.
To be eligible for the Award, an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have completed at least four years of tertiary education study at a high level of achievement. For example, a:
- four-year undergraduate degree;
b. three-year undergraduate degree and an honours year;
c. three-year undergraduate degree and one year of a higher degree;
d. three-year undergraduate degree and one year of a master preliminary or other qualifying programme; or
e. three-year undergraduate degree and a postgraduate diploma;
- Have obtained first class honours or equivalent results—refer section 2.4 below;
- Be undertaking a higher degree at ACU; and
- Be enrolled as a full-time research candidate upon commencement of his or her Award.
- International research candidates can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Complete the international online application form.
Deadline: The deadline for application is 17 October 2016.