Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University invites applications for scholarships for students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee. The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme, provided excellence in previous education is proven.
The mission of the RSM is to be a leading international business school that creates disseminates and applies managerial knowledge in a sustainable and respectful way.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is the international business school of the Erasmus University Rotterdam located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor (BSc) programme for International Business Administration (IBA).
Worth of Award
- The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2017/2018 is approximately 6,900 euro. The scholarship takes the form of a waiver being the amount of money that will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee.
- The waiver fully covers the difference between the non-EEA tuition fee and the EEA tuition fee. Students will always have to pay at least the statutory tuition fee. For the scholarship, no actual transmission of money takes place.
- The scholarship part of the non-EEA tuition fee will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee before the start of the academic year, enabling them to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in instalments.
- Application for the scholarship is open for prospective IBA students (thus, not currently enrolled students) starting their studies in 2017/2018 from all non-EEA countries, provided they would be charged the non-EEA tuition fee.
- Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of 5,000 euros in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship.
- All non-EEA students can apply for these scholarships. The school may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities: African (all countries) Brazilian, Russian, Indian, Chinese, Taiwanese / Korean / Filipino, Indonesian / Vietnamese / Thai, Iranian / Iraqi, Azerbaijani / Georgian, Turkish, and Mexican.
How to Apply
When applying for the IBA programme in the online application form (OLAF) student will be asked to upload documents which will be used for evaluating their application. During this process, you can also upload your scholarship application letter (maximum 1 A4 size page). The application letter should include the following information:
- An explanation why student would need a scholarship, comprising a description of financial situation;
- An explanation why a student would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
- If applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted;
- A signed statement indicating that other scholarship awarded do not exceed the amount of 5,000 euros in total;
- The following documents are not required if student has already uploaded these for admission to the IBA programme: certified copies of the secondary education academic transcript (certified list of grades), and if applicable certified copies of transcripts from a higher education institution: to date, as available at the moment of application (normally already part of application package).
Deadline: Students can apply for the scholarship at any time between 1 October 2016 and 15 February 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply