Harvard Medical School invites applications for scholarships for Introduction to Clinical Research Training program. This is a six-month introductory course for those interested in gaining skills and knowledge in clinical research.
The Introduction to Clinical Research Training (ICRT) program provides an introduction to key skills and knowledge in clinical research using an innovative pedagogic model.
Harvard Medical School is the graduate medical school of Harvard University. It is located in the Longwood Medical Area of the Mission Hill neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts.
Scholarships are available for pursuing research training program in gaining skills and knowledge in clinical research.
Worth of Award
All scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, and as part of the application candidates should state why they should be considered for scholarship support.
- Emirates Cardiac Society Scholarships: The Emirates Cardiac Society Board of Governors will award two full scholarships to an applicant with a background in cardiology or an interest in pursuing a career in cardiology. Priority will be given to UAE nationals. Applicants for this scholarship should emphasize their interest in cardiology or cardiac science, as well as potential career benefits, in the scholarship statement. The Emirates Cardiac Society scholarship will cover the ICRT tuition, course-related materials, and accommodation (if necessary) during the program’s two workshops in the UAE. To apply for an Emirates Cardiac Society scholarship, please select this option on your application.
- Dubai Harvard Foundation for Medical Research Scholarships: The Dubai Harvard Foundation for Medical Research (DHFMR) offers a limited number of partial scholarships to selected candidates. Partial scholarships will be funded at 50% of tuition. Priority is given to candidates from the United Arab Emirates, but candidates from the GCC and MENA region*, regardless of nationality, will also be considered. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and financial need. To apply for a DHFMR scholarship, please select this option on your application.
- Applicants for the ICRT program must have an MD, PhD, MBBS, DMD, DDS, PharmD, DNP, or an equivalent degree to apply.
- Priority is given to candidates from the United Arab Emirates, but candidates from the GCC and MENA region (Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen) will also be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online. The following documents are required to apply for the program:
- Online application
- Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letter of Recommendation (from a department/division head/director, chair or supervisor)
The letter of recommendation can be submitted with your application or at a later date via email to icrt-at-hms.harvard.edu.
Deadline: The application deadline for the 2016-2017 ICRT program is November 6, 2016.