Durham University offers scholarships to African students who wish to study for a Masters in Mathematical Sciences , a Masters in Particles, Strings and Cosmology and MSc by Thesis.
Durham University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as preferred English Language proficiency tests.
Scholarships are available for pursuing MSc program in Mathematical Sciences, a Masters in Particles, Strings, and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers full fees and accommodation for one year in Trevelyan College, and includes full catering during term time.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The scholarship is for a one-year taught course leading to the award of an MSc degree in Mathematical Sciences, an MSc degree in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis in Mathematical Sciences.
- Applicants should hold a relevant honors degree of sufficient standard from a country in Africa.
- Applicants should not have previously studied at a university outside Africa.
- Applicants will need to provide evidence of possessing a qualification in the English language that meets the minimum requirement.
- Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented at Durham University.
- For the taught MScs, the awardee is required to attend all taught components of the chosen course and complete all assignments prescribed, including a dissertation. The two taught MSc programs to start on the first October 2016.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted on-line through the Graduate School; see their application web pages for more details of the on-line application system.
- Please specify in the application form that you wish to be considered for the African student’s scholarship.
- If it is not possible for you to complete the on-line application form, please contact the department.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 10 June 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply