The Hartmut Hoffmann-Berling International Graduate School of Molecular & Cellular Biology (HBIGS) at Heidelberg University invites applications for up to 12 three-year PhD fellowships in diverse laboratories to highly motivated and skilled students from Germany and abroad.
HBIGS offers a structured PhD program with practical training courses on cutting-edge technologies, courses in transferable skills, international retreats & summer schools and professional career advice.
The Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg is a public research university located in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Founded in 1386, it is the oldest university in contemporary Germany and 5th oldest in Central Europe.
Fellowships are available for undertaking PhD programme Fellowships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
List of Subjects: Molecular Biosciences, Molecular Biotechnology, or Biochemistry
Worth of Award
- A PhD work contract according to TV-L E13 (65%, matching funds provided by the host lab) is offered to fellowship holders who start a PhD project in the lab of a principal investigator of the HBIGS active faculty.
- Successful applicants are offered HBIGS membership without further assessment after completion of the MSc program.
- Did not obtain their final degree at Heidelberg University or
- Obtained their final degree at Heidelberg University (except MSc Fast track)
and who are already accepted as a prospective PhD student in the research group of an HBIGS faculty member. Diploma students from Heidelberg university who will continue their PhD project in the lab where the Diploma thesis was done are requested to submit their application to HBIGS before the date of graduation (the date of graduation is given on the Diploma certificate).
Nationality: German or international applicants can apply for these PhD fellowships.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted online. Please note: Only applications submitted via the online application system will be considered.
- Applications sent by e-mail or mail will be discarded without further notice.
Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted by 31st October 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply