James Cook University offers scholarships for Papua New Guinea students to pursue masters by coursework program. The maximum value of the scholarship is AUD$90,000, which shall be distributed to one successful applicant at the discretion of the selection committee.
The PNGLNG PIDU Research Scholarship is designed to contribute towards marine mammal research and conservation in Papua New Guinea, through providing training and field experience for Papua New Guinea university students and researchers. PNGLNG has a commitment to improving access to education and skills training of university students in PNG.
Applicants must have excellent English communication skills (reading, written, oral). The scholarship is available for pursuing masters by coursework program in the field of marine science.
Worth of Award
- The maximum value of the scholarship is AUD$90,000, which shall be distributed to one successful applicant at the discretion of the selection committee.
- These funds will cover tuition costs, fortnightly stipend, medical insurance, and one return trip/year from the home-town to Townsville, Australia.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicant must
- Be citizen of Papua New Guinea
- Have completed at least a Bachelors Degree, preferably an Honours degree in Marine Biology, Fisheries, Biology, Environmental Science, or other related course
- Have applied for Masters by Coursework program at James Cook University
How to Apply
Applications and associated material should be submitted by email. Applicants wanting to apply for this scholarship must attach the following documents
- Completed scholarship application form
- Confirmation of completed application for the JCU Masters by Coursework program
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Two referee reports
- Any other supporting documentation that would assist the Selection Committee in developing an opinion as to the merit of the application.
Deadline: The deadline for application is 14 October 2016.