Bielefeld Graduate School of History and Sociology seeks doctoral researchers to work at the Graduate School for four months to promote international scientific and cultural exchange.
Visiting fellows have the opportunity to use their stay at the BGHS to work intensively on their dissertation, visit degree programme courses and build contacts to our scientific community.
Bielefeld University is a university in Bielefeld, Germany. Students need to demonstrate that students have a good level of written and spoken English.
This is a four months fellowships programme available to promote international scientific and cultural exchange.
Worth of Award
- Fellows receive a computer workstation for the duration of their stipend.
- The grant consists of a EUR 1,200 stipend per month.
- This amount will be supplemented by a child allowance if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School.
- All international doctoral researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation has a historical, sociological, social-anthropological or political science focus. German nationals may also apply if their tertiary education has been at foreign universities. The visiting fellowships further networking with scientists at the BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place within this period.
- The candidates present their project to the BGHS community at the beginning of their stay and submit a final report by the end of their funding period.
- To ensure that applicant’s project fits with the BGHS profile, they should take a close look at the areas of research covered by the graduate school. Project should be relatable to those areas. Applicant can find an overview of the areas of research and the professors working at the BGHS here.
How to Apply
Applications for summer term 2017 (1 April to 31 July 2017) should be submitted via the online application portal no later than 15 January 2017. Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.)
- Covering letter (600 words max.)
- Description of your dissertation project(2,000 words max.)
- Work schedule and timeframe for your stay at the BGHS
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor/advisor at your university (If preferred, your supervisor/advisor can send the letter directly to the BGHS
- University and college certificates and transcripts (Master’s certificate). Please enclose a certified translation if certificates are not written in English or German.
Deadline: The deadline for application is 15 January 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply