Uppsala University offers free online course on Climate Change Leadership for people willing to take a leading role in tackling climate change.
In this five-week course, applicants will get a view of the leadership challenges associated with climate change, as well as the new arenas that are opening up for climate action. The course will start on November 7, 2016.
This is a 5 weeks course running on 4 hours per week efforts
Uppsala University is the first university in Sweden, founded in 1477. The University is characterized by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and limitless educational offerings at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
Climate change creates a situation of unprecedented urgency, complexity and uncertainty, but also opens up new opportunities for innovation and leadership.
In this free online course, applicants will get a view of the leadership challenges associated with climate change, as well as the new arenas that are opening up for climate action.
Worth of Award
- This is a free online course.
- This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- In this course, we will explore climate change leadership from a broad range of perspectives. We will take stock of the Paris Agreement – the first-ever legally binding global climate deal – and discuss climate justice and pathways to avoid catastrophic climate change.
- We will examine the social complexity of climate change, and how it may limit the effectiveness of traditional models of leadership within governance, management and development.
- And they will discuss how to unpack this complexity and identify climate change leadership opportunities in practical, political and personal spheres.
- This course is designed for anyone who wants to take a leading role in tackling climate change.
- Applicant might work in a small business, an NGO, a university faculty, government or municipality administration – or just be curious.
- Jakob Grandin: Educational coordinator at CEMUS, Uppsala University. Passionate about sustainability, innovation and mountains. Develops the Climate Change Leadership MOOC.
- Friederike May: Course Coordinator at CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University and SLU. Sustainability, education and the importance of putting theory into practice.
- Daniel Mossberg: Director of Studies and Acting Program Director CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University and SLU. Climate, energy and its social dimensions.
- Alexis Engström: Course Coordinator CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University and SLU. Environmental History, ESD and Active Student Participation.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).