King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, Fellowship opens for applications for Saudi Arabian and international students enrolling in MS/Ph.D. and Ph.D. programmes of the university.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate research university of science and technology renowned by global benchmarks.
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at KAUST.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing MS/Ph.D. and Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all subjects available at KAUST.
Worth of Award
All admitted students receive the benefits of the KAUST Fellowship which support students for the duration of their graduate studies. The benefits of the KAUST Fellowship include:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
- Medical and dental coverage*
- Relocation support
- *Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage.
Applicants should meet the requirements below:
- KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS scores will be accepted. TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution are not acceptable.
- A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
- KAUST does not require the GRE exam for admission. However, we strongly encourage students to take the GRE general test. A high quantitative score on the GRE will enhance a student’s application. Official test results should be sent directly from ETS. The KAUST admissions code is 4139. The average GRE quantitative score for admitted students is currently 774 out of 800.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online. There are six components to the KAUST Fellowship application, including:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University provided an official copy of Transcripts / Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended. A scan of the transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application form along with the certified English translation.
- The transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the onboarding process) in a sealed envelope by post.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency score (A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.)
- Official GRE scores (GRE submission is strongly encouraged and will enhance their application, but it is not a compulsory requirement for consideration.)
Deadline: Applications for Spring 2017 and Fall 2017 is open now.
- Spring 2017 deadline – October 7, 2016
- Fall 2017 deadline – January 6, 2017