The University of Sussex is invites students from USA to apply for one-year taught Master’s degree course. The scholarships will be awarded on academic merit.
Sussex is a world-leading research university with many projects led by the foremost academics in their field. They use research-led teaching, a unique location and a strong sense of purpose to broaden our students’ perspectives. Choose from over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, taught by world-leading academics, and join their thriving student community.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for one-year taught master’s degree course at the University of Sussex.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
An amount equivalent to $10,000 maintenance award.
In order to be considered for the USA Friends Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a national or permanent resident of the United States of America
- Have applied for and been offered a place on a full-time Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Sussex (MA, MSc, LLM, Dip Grad)
- Have been assessed as paying overseas fees
- Remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
Applicants will not be eligible for this scholarship if they meet any of the following exclusions:
- Have applied for a course at the Institute of Development Studies except the MA Gender and Development and MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy
- Have applied to study a joint Social Research Methods + DPhil (1+3) course
- Have applied to study a Foundation Year, Postgraduate Certificate, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management or Pre-Masters
- Have applied to study Pre-Masters courses and diplomas taught at partner colleges
- Have applied to study the Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Education
- Have applied for a course within the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Have applied for LLM in Corruption, Law and Governance (delivered in Qatar)
How to Apply
- Scholarship applications must be submitted online here, along with an academic reference which can be uploaded with your application form or submitted separately via email to scholarships-at-sussex.ac.uk
- Confirmation of submission will be sent automatically following your submission. If you do not receive this, please ensure that you check your junk/deletion folder for this notification as it may be sent directly to these folders depending on your email security settings.
- Please note that you must also have submitted your course application on the University of Sussex online postgraduate application system.
Deadline: The application deadline is 3rd April 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply